So the whole world seems to have gone low carb/banting/paleo/bread-is-evil mad. Although it's not really my scene, I must give credit where credit's due and these kale chips that everyone around me has been raving about are definitely worth the fuss. Ridiculously easy to make, these chips are light, super crunchy & salty and even more delicious topped with a dollop of hummus!
Yield: 15-20 kale chips, depending on the size of your bunch
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
1 large bunch of Kale
Extra virgin olive oil for sprinkling
Sea salt for seasoning
- Preheat oven to 160’C.
- Wash and dry kale.
- At this point you can cut the kale into smaller bite sized pieces, but I just love the whole leaves.
- Spread kale over two baking trays, making sure not to overlap the leaves as they won't dry out properly otherwise.
- Sprinkle lightly with olive oil and season with salt.
- Pop into the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes or until completely dried out and crisp. Watch that they don't burn.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before transferring to a bowl to enjoy!