Avo toast is a very personal thing. The balance of salt, sour and pepperiness has to be perfect and perfect is different for everyone which is why these should all be added to taste-level-ecstatic for you. I do think a few extra ingredients make the avocado shine so trust me, give this a try – you will be left with a large grin (and some avo) on your face.
- 2 – 4 thick slices of bread of choice – I love a crusty toasted ciabatta or seeded baguette
- 1 large avocado – a beautiful big, yellow-fleshed, creamy one
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 small handful fresh coriander, leaves removed, roughly chopped
- 1 small hot, green chilli, chopped (remove seeds if you prefer it milder)
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Pop your bread in the toaster.
- Mash your avocado – I like mine nice and chunky with big uneven bits of creaminess.
- Add the rest of your ingredients and season to taste.
- Grab your hot, crunchy toast, top with your avocado mixture and be happy!