This dish tastes of summer. Perfectly toasted, crunchy ciabatta rubbed with fresh garlic cloves, topped with sweet cherry tomatoes, torn basil leaves & a good glug of extra virgin olive oil. Simple, delicate and robust all at the same time!
Yield: 8 bruschetta
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
1 cup small cherry tomatoes, quartered
2 garlic cloves – finely chopped
½ cup fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
8 chunky slices (about 3-4mm thick) good quality ciabatta or any rustic loaf
2 garlic cloves for rubbing
6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Combine your topping ingredients and set aside for the flavours to infuse.
- Brush the slices of bread lightly with olive oil
- Toast the bread in a griddle pan on both sides until golden.
- Remove and rub gently with the garlic clove.
- Drizzle over a bit more olive oil.
- Top with tomato, garlic and basil mixture and eat immediately!